PROJECTS: PLUMEN 001 / PLUMEN 002 / PLUMEN 003
PLUMEN: DESIGNER LOW ENERGY LIGHTING
We are the creators of the world’s first designer low energy light bulbs. We have taken a familiar, existing design and transformed it. The energy efficient light bulb is now a desirable object to show and enjoy.
Launched in 2010, the Plumen family has expanded to include two designs of energy efficient light bulb and five colours of Drop Cap Pendant Sets. With the mission to inspire the adoption of efficient lighting technologies by creating beautiful-to-behold and beautiful-to-use lighting products. To combine creativity, technology, design and art to establish a new exciting world of efficient lighting for everyone.
In Plumen we make energy-efficient lightbulbs more attractive. In the six years since it was founded, the company has released two very beautiful lightbulbs—the Plumen 001 and Plumen 002— which also won design awards.
So we set an answer a different question: Can an LED lightbulb make the people it illuminates more beautiful? The resulting bulb—the Plumen 003.
We’re very serious about lighting design. On the outside our designs are pretty, playful and provocative. On the inside, our rigorous engineering team has given our bulbs long lifespans – at least 10 times longer than an incandescent bulb while using at most, 20% of the energy. We’re proud to say you can have it all. We call it #GoodDesignForGood and we hope to inspire you to explore new efficient technologies that don’t compromise on style or beauty.
By adapting the CFL manufacturing process, we have created a visually striking bulb that saves up to 80% on energy bills and lasts 8 times longer than a standard incandescent bulb. We have also developed our very own Plumen LED bulb.
“This LED blub is a bright idea”
“The sexiest bulb ever”
“Bright sparks, plumen latest energy-efficient light bulb”
-GQ Luxury (China)
-Elle Decor (Japan)
-Elle Decor (India)
The Huffington Post (Italy)
-Inside Out Magazine
-The Observer Magazine
-The London Metro
-The Sunday Times
-21st Century Lighting book by Alyn Griffiths
AWARDS / EXHIBITS:
– Plumen 001 “Brit Insurance Design of the Year (Design Museum in London)” 2011
– Plumen 001 “Black Pencil (D&AD awards)” 2011
– Plumen 001 Pratt Manhattan Gallery “Bright Future: New Designs in Glass” 2012
– Plumen 001 MoMA, permanent collection
– Plumen 001 The Victoria & Albert Museum, permanent collection
– Plumen 001 The Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt Collection, permanent collection 2011
– Plumen 001 The Art Institute of Chicago, permanent collection
– Plumen 001 The Design Museum in Helsinki, permanent collection
– Plumen 002 “Brit Insurance Design of the Year (Design Museum in London)” 2014
– Plumen 002 “Best British Sustainable Design (ELLE Decoration British Design Awards)” 2014
– Plumen 002 “Green Product Award” 2015